1. International Symposium in Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Intensive Care Medicine
Zana Borovcanin MD, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York
2. International symposium in Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
Ibrahim Omerhodzic MD, KUMC Sarajevo
Kenan Arnautovic MD, Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee
3. International symposium in Cardiovascular Surgery
Muhamed Djedovic MD, KUMC Sarajevo
Nermir Granov MD, KUMC Sarajevo
4. International symposium in Ophthalmology and Visual Science
Faruk Nisic MD, KUMC, Sarajevo
Nina Jovanovic MD, Kantonal Hospital, Zenica
Jasmina Alajbegovic-Halimic MD
5. 2nd International Conference on Life Science
dr. Amina Hrkovic-Porobija, Veterinary Faculty University of Sarajevo
dr. Emira Hukić, University of Sarajevo-Faculty of Forestry, Bosnia-Herzegovina
6. International Symposium on Obstetric and Gynecology
Taib Delic MD, Agram Clinic, Sarajevo
Svjetlana Lozo MD, Columbia University, New York
Azra Sadikovic MD, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
7. International Symposium in Dermatology and Venerology
Amra Osmancevic MD, University of Goterborg, Sweden
8. International Symposium in Family Medicine
Melida Hasanagic MD, RMC Dr Safet Mujic, Mostar, BiH
9. International Symposium in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dr. Emela Mujic Skikic – Dubai, UAE
Dr. Amra Saric – Canada
Dr. Dijana Avdic – Sarajevo, BiH
10. International Symposium in Cardiovascular Medicine
Edin Begic MD, General Hospital “Prim. Dr. Abdulah Nakas”; School of Medicine, Sarajevo School of Science and Technology, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
11. International Symposium in Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Eldin Karaikovic MD
Senail Sivro MD
12. International Symposium in Pediatrics
Feriha Catibusic MD, KCUS, Sarajevo, BiH
Amina Smajlovic MD ,Division of Primary Care Pediatrics Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Ohio State University College of Medicine
13. International Symposium in Neurology
Nevena Mahmutbegovic MD
Enra Mehmedika Suljic MD
Aida Kantadzic Sehic MD
14. International Symposium in Mental Health in Children and Adolescents
Emira Svraka MD
15. International Symposium in Breast Cancer
Lejla Hadzikadic Gusic MD, Charlotte, NC, Atrium Health-Carolinas Medical Center
16. International Symposium in Oncology, Hematology and Pathology
Gordan Srkalovic MD, PhD Lansing, MI
Ermina Ilijazovic MD, PhD, Tuzla, BiH
17. International Simposium in General Surgery
Amila Husic MD
18. International Simposium in Plastic Surgery
Mahira Tanovic MD
During its “13th Days of BHAAAS in Bosnia-Herzegovina,” Bosnian-Herzegovinian American Academy of Arts and Sciences will organize the international conference on Medical Sciences.
Abstract submission is completed at this time, but we still welcome topic submissions. In case you want to submit your topic, a title of the presentation is necessary and should be written in English.
The presentations can be delivered in either English or in BHS language regardless of the symposium, although we encourage presentations in English.
- After April 1st each symposia chair will receive submitted abstracts related to their symposia.
- The chair and co-chairs are responsible to do the first review and immediately rejecting abstracts that do not fulfill their basic criteria related to quality, context, plagiarism, and self-plagiarism. Chair or co-chairs will notify authors of the abstract rejection. The chair and co-chair will have to finalize this step by April 10th.
- All abstracts that fulfill scientific criteria should be sent to the medical section review committee on the email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by symposia chairs no later than April 10th. At this point, please do not notify the authors of these abstracts.
- The review committee will review all abstracts based on technical criteria propagated on the web page and send feedback to authors if any revision is needed. Ten days will be assigned for revision.
- The due date for authors to make revisions and send abstracts back to the review committee will be April 30th.
- Authors and Chairs will be notified of accepted and rejected abstracts by the review committee no later than May 5th.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In all email correspondence between chairs and authors the review committee needs to be cc for easier follow up and double checking for any communication errors.
|January 1, 2022||Deadline for registration of Symposia. If you wish to organize a symposium, please send the symposium name and the chair’s full name, title, and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. A symposium can have up to two additional co-chairs, in which case the same information should be provided for the co-chairs. Please keep in mind that all dates are final and that we can not make any exceptions. Once a symposium is proposed, you will receive a confirmation email.
Please send the photos of all symposium co-chairs to Alen Corovic at email@example.com.
|April 1, 2022||Deadline for submission of abstracts|
|May 10, 2022||Deadline for registration and payment of the registration fee.|
Round table: Organization of Private Health Care
“What role will the private sector play in healthcare in Bosnia and Herzegovina in the future?”
Rasim Jusufović MD, PhD, SSST, Sarajevo, BiH
Round table in Public Health
Arif Smajkic MD
Slavenka Straus MD
2nd MEET THE MED STUDENTS EVENT
Ibrahim Omerhodžić, BHAAAS, Sarajevo
Amer Smajkić, BHAAAS, Chicago
M.Sc. Anela Zorlak, Genetičko savjetovalište Genetika, Sarajevo, BiH
Organizing Committee of the Medical Symposia 13th Days
Muhamed Djedović MD
Nina Jovanović MD
Ibrahim Omerhodžić MD
Azra Sadiković MD
Amer Smajkić MD (President of the Medical Section)